Thursday, March 19, 2009
Real Flight G4/G4.5 - Simulator Blues
I suffered a strong blow to my emotional stomach today. My Real Flight G4 simulator doesn't work. Before you get all worried reading this I must inform you I was trying to run it on a mac, macbook to be exact. My video card does not support 3D rendering. One of the many faults with mac hardware is that the graphics card is not removable or upgradable in their laptops. I was hoping that since I have a newer macbook it might have a good enough graphics card. Well I was wrong. After buying VMware Fusion (which works great for running windows) and also buying Window XP and more RAM I was hoping it would work. Well now I have a simulator I can't and a whole lot less money in my pocket. I guess one thing I can say I got out of this is windows on my macbook (I can finally upgrade my Zune) and a whole lot more memory. So just a warning to all those out there, if you are wanting to run G4 on your mac do it on either a power mac or an imac. They have better graphics cards that should be able to handle what you are asking of them. It would also be nice if there was a sim out there for macs anyway. Well, you have now received my spill and also my frustration on macs and their lack of support for 3D rendering. If there is anyone out there that has found a way to run G4 or any simulator for that matter on their macbook let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment