Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wind in Utah

There is one problem with living in Utah during the spring, you never know what season it is going to be that day. In all reality Utah doesn't have a season called spring. We have winter, summer, and road construction. (Sorry to those who don't live in Utah and don't get that joke) Needless to say every time I go to fly the wind is blowing. Being a college student there isn't much time to do anything except socialize. There isn't even time to study. But when I go to fly the wind seems to always be blowing. I have two brand new airplanes that have not been given the ability to stretch their wings in the open blue sky (rather smog filled skies) of Utah County. I'm starting to get withdrawals from the hobby. I have been limited to building rather than flying. Don't get me wrong. I love building, but it would be nice to be able to try out what I build. Since I haven't been able to fly I thought I would fine tune my landing skills on Real Flight G4, but I have a macbook. What terrible graphics. My next post will be about my further frustrations pertaining to Real Flight and Macs. Back to subject. I'm not a big fan of the wind. I can hardly keep a plane in the air without some outside force trying to push it out of the sky. Anyway, there you have it. Utah weather and flying. They just don't combine. Maybe I will try and get out this week. Hopefully I will be able to keep my brushless Slow Stick and my Corsair in the air when I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment